Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Homefinding Services Commitment
I understand that buying a home is a major decision for you that can be filled with apprehension and concerns. My job is to help you find the home that meets your needs and to make the homebuying process efficient, stress-free and successful. As your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices sales professional, my goal is to help you find the right home.
I commit to you that I will:
Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner.
Plan a home search based on your needs.
• Consult with you to discover your needs, interests and concerns before developing a planned home search.
• Discuss buyer, seller and dual agency alternatives and explain to you the benefits of an Exclusive Representation Agreement.
Help you obtain the financing you may need for a home purchase.
• Provide you with information on becoming prequalified or pre-approved for a mortgage.
• Help you find a reliable financial institution.
Assist in preparing a purchase offer on the property of your choice.
• Review information on sales of comparable homes to help you decide on the price and financing terms that you want to offer.
• Provide you with advice and information on other terms for you to consider, such as possession date and personal property.
• Recommend that you obtain professional home, termite or other inspections. I will review the inspection reports with you.
• Where appropriate, recommend that the purchase be contingent on a professional appraisal of value.
• Explain to you the option of a home warranty, which can reduce your liability.
Represent you in the transaction with the seller.
• Present your offer to the seller, through their real estate professional.
• Negotiate in your best interests, including the handling of counter offers, to reach an agreement that is acceptable to you.
Introduce you to properties and neighborhoods that meet your requirements based upon our plan.
• Pre-select properties that match your criteria.
• Present your property-search criteria to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices sales professionals in my office, to gain access to properties that may not yet have reached the open market.
• Save time by pre-scheduling showing appointments.
• Provide sources of information on questions of interest to you, such as schools, neighborhoods and transportation.
• Prepare a preliminary estimate of the costs associated with buying a property.
Work to protect your interests during the completion of the transaction.
• Review with you the seller’s written disclosure statement, preliminary title report and other documents pertaining to the condition and status of the property.
• Work with the seller’s broker, the lender and others to see that all requirements of the purchase agreement are satisfied and to help keep the transaction on schedule.
• Keep you informed of the progress of the transaction.
• Accompany you on a comprehensive walk-through of the property before closing (if provided for in the agreement), and assist you in managing any problems discovered during the walk-through.
• Follow up on any remaining details after the close of sale, and provide you with information on additional services that you may need.
This is my commitment to you to ensure that I meet all of your expectations and assist you in finding and obtaining the home of your dreams.